The UConn MSQE is the only program of its kind in Connecticut, and one of only a handful in the United States.
Our students receive a strong foundation in economic theory, along with the practical skills needed for careers that require economic and data analysis. As an MSQE student, you’ll learn in small classes taught by nationally recognized faculty. You can also participate in a summer internship where you’ll gain real-world experience with a top company.
MSQE at a Glance
Benefits and Options
- Three semester average completion time (full-time students)
- Small class sizes
- Close engagement with talented faculty
- GRE/GMAT optional for admission
- Core courses and electives in Machine Learning, Python, Financial Econometrics, Causal Program Evaluation, and Operations Research
- Optional summer internship program
- Students simultaneously earn a Certified Business Economist® (CBE) professional certification
- Courses offered at both the Storrs and Stamford Campuses
Outcomes and Careers
MSQE teaches marketable skills in economic decision making, statistics, data analysis, data visualization, and machine learning. Students learn relevant software and programming languages, like Python, R, and Stata. Alumni pursue successful careers as financial and data analysts, ML engineers, data scientists, and programmer analysts with top employers in Connecticut and beyond.
"The MSQE program gave me exposure to tools and skills used in the developing data science job market that I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to learn otherwise."
- Yuansun (Sonny) Jiang, Class of 2020
Alumni Networking Panel (virtual event)
Our next Alumni Networking panel is one hour on Tuesday 1/31/23 at 12:30 pm (virtual).
We have two panelists:
Allison Estey (MSQE 2019) IT Project Manager at Cigna
John Rolfe (MSQE 2019) Technical Program Manager at Spreetail
The link to participate virtually is: